Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/darkwing/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/darkwing/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Battlestar Galactica Online - View topic - About new version and char deleting
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 3:02 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 About new version and char deleting 
Nugget

Post About new version and char deleting
@Admins&Players:
i think u already know that this post will come.
after a long talk yesterday and knowing some peoples oppinion i think its time to discuss about this (even if i'm new).
Well is it really a *must* to delete all player chars when the new version comes out??
i think its unfair for the players who spend more than about 1000 Hours of playing on this server .... well the mod is awesome nothing to say about that (k atm its really laggy in the evening but it doesn't matter now ;) ) or the ones who startet to play 1 or 2 weeks ago .... also it seems that many new players arrived at the server the last days ......
In my Oppinion there are Pro and contras about the deleting Chars and i wanna list them here

Pro
- All Players starting with a new char so there are no higher chars who attack the ones wich are fresh on lvl 45
- if there are new changes playing this mod didnt become booring after a while
- a new goal to get better ships etc etc
- new players?
- Clanbases on new Coordinates

Contra
- Players who worked hard for their money will loose it
- The Time the players spend was useless ... hard work for nothing
- Old players will left course of angryness
- Clans have to rebuild
- Old Players arent able to help (wich they are doing really good in the time when i started!!)
- Players who had more thant 20 Ship where p*** off course they loose them all
- New Clanbases have to create course the old ones get deleted

so these are my oppinions would be great to get some response not only fro mthe admins the players of course too!!!!!!
Also it would be nice to get an little info about new things on version 2 etc etc
What will happen when u are finnishing Version 2.5??? will be there also all Chars deleted?

regards from the german Fraction
KrauleBauch

P.S. the one who will find some grammar mistakes can have them and try to coock an ice with it :P

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Commander

Post Re: About new version and char deleting
Will be a reset. live with that. Without BS you can play too. :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Colonel

hi Kraulebauch the server needs a player wipe has there been loads of changes to the mod and it give the server a boost when restart

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 pm
Server Police

Hi Kraulebauch
I am exactly one of the player you described for the contra (... I have > 50 ships)
... and all your arguments are a big YES for a wipe. I am at the ultimate of what you can do in the mod ... so a complete restart is more than good for me (i understand that for some people they do not like it). Restart everything is OK ... new challenge, new things to discover... And when i will be at the same level in some years.... it will be time for version 3 and again a player wipe :D :D
I will have only one regret is for my main explorer char which I have been "almost" everywhere in the mod and not be able to keep the stats in term of exploration (base visited, system/jh founds). But no pb i will explore everything again :)

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:57 pm
Colonel

then you have the free time to do it :great:

Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:20 am
Server Police

true :lol: , in 2009 i had time, less true now but i still can find some

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:15 am
Captain

yes a complete player wipe will be good i also have around 20 ships and a few billion of cubits i dont wine if they do the wipe i welcome it

Pred

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Captain

it seams that i chose the right time to return

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 pm
Server Police

:welcome: back

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:26 pm
Captain

ty

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:38 pm
Captain

:welcome: back

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:39 pm
Lieutenant

Well just like the series, all this has happened before and will happen agein. I have 25 ships but i'm kinda looking forward to the new version. I LOVE THIS MOD Always been fun. Looks like we all get a dip in the goo bath this time lol Good Hunting All

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:41 pm
Admiral

Personally I disagree with the whole loosing ships. I have so many id's so many ships and cash I don't actually know what to do with it.

I am looking forward to v2 and I see it as a way for myself and maybe other old disillusioned players to get back into the BSG mod.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:28 pm
Major

:huh:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:25 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]